Self-Employed Builders

Self Assessment Tax Return For Builders

Builders Tax Return

Throw out that paper and go digital with 1tap and Boom! Accounts. We're the perfect team to prepare and submit self-employed tax returns for builders.

As a Self-employed Builder, it is important that you submit a tax return so that your earnings are declared to HMRC and the appropriate tax is paid. However, many people end up paying more tax than necessary.

By simply taking a photo of your receipts or forwarding them from email, 1tap extracts the key information and categorises all your expenses for you. This makes completing your Self-Assessment much simpler and ensures that the correct expenses are claimed.

The data is stored securely in the cloud, so you’ll never lose a receipt again.

A highly qualified and experienced member of the Boom! Accounts team will check your expenses to ensure what you are claiming is correct before preparing your Tax Return for you, saving you time and effort.

Any expenses that you incur which are purely for your work are tax deductible. Examples of expenses you can claim include: materials for work, protective clothing, laundry and cleaning of protective clothing, consumable tools, insurance, repairs and maintenance of equipment, mobile or landline used for business, advertising, use of home as office, fares and travelling expenses, trade magazines and vehicle running costs.

For advice on what expenses you can and can’t claim on your tax return as a Self-employed Builder you can read our blog post on self-employed builders tax deductible expenses.

Personalised Accounting Service + 1tap App for £24.99/month